Still a little more to do

Cleaning up the master relay (contractor) did not fix the problem. So I wired in a bunch of monitorpoints and ran some more test drives.  The voltage across the relay is very low, and all the drop seems to be coming from the batteries. Nothing looks abnormal, yet the codes persist.
I must have not cleaned the master relay good enough. I was originally afraid to take it completely apart, because it seemed like it would not go back together. But with nothing to loose, I took it down to the bare bones.  It looked like one side of the contactor was still having problems. I cleaned everything up again and, to my surprise, it all went back together with no left over parts! It looked like this was the problem, but a test drive showed the same error codes.
I went through the electrical system again but still nothing was obviously wrong. Everything pointed to the relay, but the relay did turn on and off and looked good. Plus there was almost no drop across the relay even at 500 amps. I thought about buying a new relay, so I gave myself a few days to think about it before spending money on something that might not fix the problem.

I decided on a new sealed relay from a different manufacture. A week later I installed it and ...... no more codes ..... so far!

 I took the Ghost out for a long drive but the battery voltage was falling fast.It fell so fast I had to have Mary come by with the truck and tow me over to a friends house for a quick charge. But the good news is that I think I know why the battery voltage was dropping so fast. It looks like the charger was not set right. So I have reset the charger and reprogrammed the BMS and will test it again this weekend. If this fixes it, the body goes on!

One by one these problems are being fixed!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Only 2 more posts left ?

Body and Interior

99 and 44/100th percent done?