Only 2 more posts left ?

So now I am getting pretty happy with the ghost. I changed the wheels, changed the trim to aluminum, and added the side trim. I am sure I will make a few more tweaks here and there, but this is pretty much complete.

 The Ghost with the new trim.

Also went back to the mag wheels.

The door is on the right side so you can enter onto the sidewalk side instead of the traffic side.

Street legal and insured!


I might make a few changes over the winter to the drive train to clean up the chain noise. But that it pretty much it.

I think I am coming to an end of this blog. But there are two more posts I have planned. One will be the lessons learned; both in design and in project management. The last one will likely be in the same vain, but what the next version might look like. Assuming there is a next version.


Comments

Unknown said…
Looks cool! Congratulations!
Unknown said…
"The Evolution of the Ghost" might make a fun eBook; one man's story of perseverance and innovation! Or maybe titled "Buy vs Make: what they don't tell you about innovation"

The car is looking great!
Joe said…
Looks great Jeff!!! I like the front runners. What are the performance specifications...0-60 and back to 0, top speed, battery run time? Do you have a GoPro that you could use to post up some video. I was in China a few months ago and see a real market for practical EV's like yours. How is your Mandarin?
Thanks for the comments!

I guess I should post some specs. I don't know the 0-60 time or the exact top speed, but here is what I can tell you:
1) Top speed is roughly 73mph
2) I can go 65mph up any hill. I live near Tahoe and have some very steep hills.
3) The Ghost is quick, but I would not call it fast.
4) The handling is nimble but not on the level of a sports-car. I have never really pushed it to see what I can do, but it does hold the road just fine, thank you!
5) I was getting over 100 miles per change even up and down the hills. But I was overcharging the batteries due to a vendor specification error. This seems to have shortened the battery life and they are getting kind of old anyway.
6) The Ghost weighs about 1700 pounds. I could knock a little off that in a redesign (maybe 150 pounds), but any weight savings would go to added batteries. I think I can get the Ghost up to 200 miles per charge with a little work.

Jeff
Now that I think about it, I think the weight is much less than 1700 lbs. I'll have to find a truck scale somewhere to weigh it!

Popular posts from this blog

99 and 44/100th percent done?

Q and A